The Chronicles of.......me

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Happy Easter!!!

Finally Easter is here. Ever since you ( Catholics) celebrated Easter I've been waiting for the Orthodox Easter to come.
I haven't had the Easter spirit this year too much because it's been my first year of work. So I didn't have time to help my mom clean the house, go shopping, cook............I didn't even paint the eggs because this morning I woke up too late :((
I have only fasted for 3 days and during the last years I have tried to fast for at least a week and every Friday. It's kinda hard but it makes me happy that I can do at least that. The Orthodox fast period is different from the Catholic one, it's very strict. Orthodox people aren't allowed to eat meat or any other product that comes from animals. So imagine that there are people who fast for 40 days. I am not strong enough though :((
Tonight I am going to church for the Resurection mass. It's such a strange feeling to see so many people gathered in front of the church and sharing light and saying to each other, although they have never met, " Jesus is alive ! ". It always amazes me and somehow makes me feel safe to see such a crowd gathered in front of the church, so much light, so many candles.
And tomorrow I am going to eat drob, eggs, lamb soup and lamb steak, lost of garlic ( yummy ), cozonac....and what else? I don't know but I am going to eat a lot :))

Happy Easter!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home