The Chronicles of.......me

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

:) :) :)

Just like my aunt said : "I wasn't born to work" and I might ad that I was born to dance, to listen to music, to go to concerts, to have fun. I guess we were all born for that :)) , isn't it?!?
Don't get me wrong, I love to work, honestly, I think that my life would be kinda boring without work.
On Saturday I went to another concert. Oh, yeah! I've enjoyed it so much. The only bad thing was that, I don't know why, we decided to stay near the sound system!!! Imagine that. We sat there because we were very close to the stage and we saw everything and everybody and it was perfect. But my ears, my chest, my heart, my skin,my head were in agony! You might call me crazy......................but I couldn't move from there. Actually I didn't want to! There were some songs and some voices that made my "body ache" worth.
A band I don't like at all sang the only song I completely adore from all their playlist. This song won an award a few years back and it was a huge hit here in Romania. Believe me when I tell you that for 4 minutes I had goose bumps and tears in my eyes; the crowd was singing, the singer was almost crying and the atmosphere was dream-like. I have seen so many people gathered in that place only 15 years ago during the revolution. Everything was amazing. Except my ears! :)
I couldn't say I like all those bands, but when you are there, when the crowd is singing......it's imposible not to get caught in that moment.
Of course I went there because my second favourite band in the world, Directia 5, was invited. I couldn't miss that. Actually it would be very hard to chose between Voltaj and Directia 5.
But when D5 appeared on stage my ears suddenly stopped hurting. You know, sometimes I am so amazed that a singer sounds so well when he sings live. I imagine it must be hard to focus on your voice and on the notes when the crowd sings with you and when there is so much noise around. But his voice was perfect and the songs, the atmosphere uplifting.
I went home with my ears pounding and my brain a big mush. But so happy and in a good mood.
My head hurt for a day and I had problems hearing for about 3 days. It didn't matter, although my boss had to speak louder.

Next concerts : April28th - Romanian Music Awards ( MTV )
May 14th - Directia5 - a new album
May 21st - Michael Bolton.
And still it is not enough!

2 Comments:

  • That sounds like a lot of fun!! I used to always love to be on the floor next to the loudness!

    By Blogger Julie, at 2:01 PM  

  • That sounds awesome! I'm going to start going to more concerts, too. I also like plays, dance festivals, and really just all live theater. It is so inspirational to me.

    By Blogger Meadow, at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home