The Chronicles of.......me

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I knew that I wasn't going to have too much fun during these holidays. Last year it was kinda great. For New Year's my mom and I went to Turkey together with my cousin and his mom and had a lot of fun. They went to Grece this year, but we couldn't go(kinda low on finances). So I prepared for holidays with my family.

And I had quite a lot of fun, unexpectedly. My aunt(dad's sister) invited us over on Christmas Eve, then the next day my other aunt(mom's sister) came over to us. Lots of presents and everything, but most of all lots of FOOD ! Sometimes I think I could eat non-stop. I just love eating. And , TRUST ME, I am quite skinny for my height ( 1,51m and 45 kgs).

Then....back to work. We worked until Dec 30th, although NOTHING happened and the phone actually rang only twice on the 29th and not at all on the 30th. But my boss asked us to choose between coming to work before New Year's or immediately after( on the 3rd of January), so I chose to work after Christmas and stay home the week after New Year's. So, here I am, still at home while everybody else is working. I slept so much these days that I am tired of it :)))

New Year's Eve caught me in a very bad mood, so I didn't even feel like going out of the house, but I had to and I went with my mom and her husband over at my mom's sister. I know, I am so lame. I am 25 and I spend my New Year's with my family, but I had already said that I was going to go and I couldn't refuse them on such a short notice. You don't know my aunt ! And I actually had fun, not too much, but it wasn't all boring. From 11:30 Pm up to 00:30 Am I witnessed the most incredible display of fireworks. From the 3rd floor we saw fireworks all over the sky, so many that I had the impression that the sky was on fire. And again......FOOD :) !

All in all it wasn't that bad. Except my mood swing and my depression that has been coming and going since 31th of December. But tomorrow I am going back to work :((((((

I trully hope you had much more fun than me! Trully hope that.

3 Comments:

  • Well, I didn't have much fun but it was very productive. Wish I could have taken the whole week after New Year's off. That woulda been SWEET! :)

    By Blogger Meadow, at 6:34 PM  

  • Hi Niki! How was the first week of work in the new year? I had a great holiday and things have quieted down again. Tomorrow the new semmester starts and I have a pretty full load of classes to teach. Wish me luck!

    By Blogger Russell Ragsdale, at 1:59 AM  

  • I hope your New Year has been Lovely, as lovely as you are!
    you are a precious Gem! Catch us up more sweets! WE miss you dear one!

    By Blogger Julie, at 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home