The Chronicles of.......me

Monday, February 14, 2005

Late night ramblings

Today didn't start very well. I found out that my mom is not very well. She went to the doctor for her back and she found out that she has problems with her heart. Imagine the way I am feeling right now. I feel like I am drowning.
But God has a way of putting things back into their place.
I won tickets to the concert of one of my favourite bands, Directia 5. My mom signed me up for a contest and won the tickets and on Friday she was waiting for me at home with the "big news".
I didn't feel like going today to the concert but I had already invited my best friend(we are both single and decided to spend Valentine's Day together; better together, than sad and home alone) so I couldn't stay at home. And I am soooooooo glad I didn't.
Some people are blessed and I think that Cristi(the lead singer) has a gift. His amazing voice.And stage presence, the way he knows how to make his audience feel good.
Don't get me wrong, I know that there are many people in this world who have an amazing voice. But Cristi is special : sure, he is Romanian and has this incredible voice, not only when he is singing, but when he speaks. Don't worry, I am not in love with him, I am way too old for falling in love with a star.
I have watched this band for 10 years now and they still amaze me, Cristi's voice is better and better, and the lyrics leave me breathless.
It's past midnight now and I am very tired, but happy.....in a way.
I don't even remember what I have written so far.
I wish I could share with you a bit of what I am feeling right now: happy, excited about this wonderful show, my throat aches, my palms are pulsating, I am so proud of being in the same country with these guys. I must be going crazy, I wanted to write about something else. I am hungry.
Happy belated Valentine's day!

2 Comments:

  • Thanks Gama!
    Directia 5 plays pop-rock and rock ballads. I bet you would like them.

    By Blogger niki, at 8:55 PM  

  • I hope your mom is doing better and I hope you are doing alright also! Hang in there sweetie!

    By Blogger Julie, at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home