The Chronicles of.......me

Saturday, February 12, 2005

So......for the first time in my life I have to take care of myself. That means that I have to cook, wash, clean, shop. I have been home alone only once and I was on vacantion, so it definitely was easier. I woke up when I wanted to, I went out to eat, went out with my friends, went to my aunt's to eat or bought something from a fast food.
But now my mom is going to be in the hospital for 2 weeks and I am on my own. I am not actually home alone, my mom's husband and his son are at home, but it will be like I were alone.
But now I am working and I will have to wake up earlier to make my sandwiches, then from work I will have to go shopping, get home and cook something.
And , yes, my mom still makes my sandwiches in the morning, she still cooks for me and does my laundry, even if I am 23, very soon 24. She doesn't work and since she is all day long at home it is normal that she does all that for me.
And she has always been like that. Don't get me wrong: I now how to cook ( I won't starve to death), I can do my own laundry ( I often do that to help my mom), I clean the house although I am allergic to dust, I love to go to the market to do some shopping. But my mom is a bit overprotective and when I was little, even though she always asked for my help and made me some work around the house, she never let me do too much.
I am a bit scared because she will be in hospital and this hospital is out of the town and what if she needs me, or needs something quickly?
And again I am having these bad dreams about my dad and she is the only one who can calm me down and take care of me when I am having anxiety atacks.
I have the best mom in the world. I have never seen anyone like her, so good, so caring, gentle, loving, amusing, kind.
Thank you mom. I love you!

4 Comments:

  • Many thoughts and prayers for your mother, like Gama said.
    You all will be ok and it will be a good experience for you to build your confidence. You will be fine if you have bad dreams, all the work you and your mother have done about them is still there, so just remember that comfort and realize it's all inside of you to give to yourself!!
    I'm 36 and so close to my mother, she is my best friend. I never moved away b/c I couldn't bear to be away from her,, it's just fine to be a momma's girl.
    Love and loving relationships is what life is all about anyway.
    Write me if you need some assurance in the next two weeks!

    By Blogger Julie, at 1:10 AM  

  • Hello, niki. How are you? I'm krustyelpayaso. It's very positive have a person near of one. If this person is your mother it's much better. Like we said in Spain: "Madre solo hay una". ;-).
    I have a friend with a life very "parecida" at your life. She had a lot of troubbles with his life, but she is ahead now.
    I will post the photos of my dog Krusty as soon than i can. I must scan this photos. By this, i have the guitar photos at the blog only.
    But my dog is the first. I love him so much.
    You write spanish language very very well.
    I invite you to see my blog with the news photos.
    I hope the best in the world for you and your mother.

    "...with a little help from my friends" (the Beatles)

    By Blogger Krusty El Payaso, at 2:27 AM  

  • Thank you so much Gama for your support. It means a lot to me.

    By Blogger niki, at 12:32 PM  

  • Hello niki,

    How are you? I must notice a good new: the photos of my little dog Krusty are in my blog.
    You can see it.
    What do you think about him? I hope, than you will understand the spanish, but i don't doubt it: you write a perfect spanish.

    Next time, i will put the rally photos...

    Good look niki¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

    Krustyelpayaso:)

    By Blogger Krusty El Payaso, at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home