The Chronicles of.......me

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

HAPPY MUCENICI DAY!


I've been waiting for this day for a year. One of my favourite feasts. The 40 Martyrs of Sevastia.
One of my favourite because everybody makes mucenici. I love them. For a day or two they are all I eat, from breakfast to lunch to dinner :))
Mucenici are a sort of...... soup? I guess they are soup. I admit the colour is not very tempting( a sort of light-brown thing before you ad the cinnamon) and you probably wouldn't eat it if I didn't tell you that it is a great dish.
So.........a sweet soup with noodles. Specially "designed" noodles in the shape of "eights" or "zeros" and 40 martyrs made out of dough ( one or two centimeters ).
I am telling you! Yummy!
With cinnamon and wallnuts.
I can't wait to eat.

3 Comments:

  • Hello Niki....... how are you?
    Do you have still troubles with my blog? The computing "moves by misterious ways"....(U2).

    And the Muceniki? Did you eat it? In Spain at the "Semana Santa" (21-monday to 27 sunday) we have a typical food called "torrijas" Do you know it? It's bread with milk. The bread must be "dived" into the milk, and when the bread is "dip".. we coat it in eggs. After we fry it in olive oil.... Very sweeeeetttt!!!!!.

    Remarks: How do you write the spanish so well? Have you visit Spain?

    Kisses Niki...

    By Blogger Krusty El Payaso, at 10:08 PM  

  • KRUSTY : the problems with your blog are solved. I don't know how, but I am able to see your blog now. Thank God. I have noticed you haven't posted anything lately. Why? Looking forward to that.

    Yes, I have eaten mucenici. I must be nuts since for two days I haven't eaten anything else but mucenici. And I know about torrijas. In Romania they are called "friganele". Taaaaastyyyyy!!!!

    I have never visted Spain. I will probably do that in August or September this year. Hopefully!
    I have studied Spanish in faculty. But 4 years don't seem to be enough since I don't feel I know it well enough.

    Kisses :)

    By Blogger niki, at 9:00 PM  

  • Sounds very cool. I would love to try it.

    By Blogger Meadow, at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home