The Chronicles of.......me

Monday, April 04, 2005

Finally

I've had an incredible Sunday after noon and evening. It was just great.

I read in the newspaper that VOLTAJ were going to have a concert, so I took my best friend and went there. The concert began around 4 pm. As I later found out VOLTAJ wasn't the only band to perform.Unfortunately there were some hip-hop bands and I don't like hip-hop, but the atmosphere was great. Everybody around us was singing, so, although we didn't know the words, we started mumbling and dancing and, in the end, it turned out nice. And besides that, it was an open-air concert, so we had to move because it was kinda chilly.
The moment we found out there were almost 15 bands invited at the concert we realized that VOLTAJ were going to perform the last, because they are THE BEST, so we knew that we had to wait for a few hours. An it was getting colder. At some point, after about 4 hours, we wanted to leave because our feet were killing us. I could barely stand up and I was hungry, but didn't give up! And I knew that everybody around me felt the same. Imagine that during those hours I made friends, so I knew what they were feeling. We all wanted VOLTAJ!
Everytime the show-host came and introduced the next band everbody kept screaming: VOLTAJ! It was fun!
And those rock bands! Rock rulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Ok, I am nuts!
Finally, around 9:30 VOLTAJ appeared. The crowd went crazy!
Their lyrics always put me in a good mood. So optimistic. I danced and jumped and sang. I forgot I was cold and hungry and that my back and my feet were killing me. It didn't matter anymore. At the moment Voltaj and Directia 5 are the best bands in Romania. My personal opinion of course!
I got home at about 11p.m, after almost 7 hours of non-stop music. My ears were pounding and my throat was aching. Yesterday I could hardly speak and I still can't hear very well. But it was worth it! Every moment of it.

Sometimes I look at myself and I realize that I am not what I thought I would be. When I was a kid I thought I would be much wilder, much ........braver. I thought my life would be kinda different. When I go to concerts, when I am doing something wild (although not very often) I find myself thinking that this is who I am, this is the real me. Unfortunately I don't have "wild" friends and don't have people around who would help me get wild. Don't get me wrong: I love my friends, I chose them or we chose each other, and I wouldn't throw them away. It's just a thought that sometimes crosses my mind, that's all. Maybe I am just scared.

But I had so much fun!

UPDATE: another concert next Sunday! I just found out. I am so happy.

4 Comments:

  • It's a good thing we're in different countries because I'd probably introduce you to things even your wild side is too tame for, lol!

    I love how you described the concert. That is so cool. I would love to go to a concert. I hope someday my music will inspire people like that.

    By Blogger Meadow, at 1:18 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger niki, at 5:41 PM  

  • My dear Goddess, I think I have finally found the wild friend I've been needing...............too bad we are in different countries!

    Schuey , Gama : I am trying to become wilder. My mom doesn't like it :)

    By Blogger niki, at 5:41 PM  

  • Dont get TOO wild , Nik!
    Sounds like an awesome time. When I was your age ..thats exactly what I would have done...now...I tell my son to wear ear plugs at a concert...he looks at me like I have two heads. "Doesnt that defeat the whole purpose of LISTENING to music, Mom?"..um...on second thought..yeah it does...im sooo old..*sniff*

    By Blogger kitten, at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home